What we do
Engineering Registration Consultants is a privately owned consultancy specialising in assisting engineering graduates who hold an accredited engineering qualification [(BEng / BSc (Eng), B-Tech and ND] to register as engineering professionals with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) as:
- Professional Engineers (Pr Eng)
- Professional Engineering Technologists (Pr Tech Eng)
- Professional Engineering Technicians (Pr Techni Eng)
We also assist:
- International engineering graduates who hold non-accredited engineering qualifications to apply for educational review of their qualifications, prior to applying for professional registration with ECSA
- Candidates with change of cadre registration
- Candidates by conducting and preparing them for the professional review interview as part of the professional registration process
We offer workshops to candidates where the above can be done in a group setting, thereby enhancing the process through group input.
Why use our services
We offer the following services based on the candidate's / company’s needs:
Provide a critical review of the registration process; from completing the application forms, to the professional review interview.
Provide insight from an assessor’s perspective on which projects to use to best showcase the candidate’s engineering ability to solve complex, broadly defined or well-defined problems.
Face-to-face consultation sessions with candidates where required or preferred.
NON-ACCREDITED ENGINEERING QUALIFICATIONS
We provide the following services for candidates with a non-accredited engineering qualification (non Washington, Sydney or Dublin accredited qualifications):
- Assist with preparing documentation for South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) submission
- Assist with the educational review forms / process
We also assist candidates who had their applications deferred/rejected by:
- Assisting with the review to determine whether an appeal should be lodged
CONSULTATION FEE CLAIM RECOVERY
We are able also assist with the submission of the necessary forms to claim back the consultation fees as part of the skills levy, where applicable
You may need to register with ECSA to:
- Show that you have been evaluated by your peers and that your qualifications and experience meet international standards
- Demonstrate your ability to work independently, thus instilling confidence in your responsible engineering abilities
- Prove that you are able to sign off and take full responsibility for your own work
- Advance your career and be in line for promotion
- Significantly increase your chances of employment
- Be eligible to start your own engineering practice
- Indicate that you have achieved international recognition through the Washington, Sydney and Dublin accords
Be eligible for full membership of various Voluntary Associations (VA)
MEET OUR TEAM
We are the people working to provide you with the best experience.
We are committed and passionate in helping you attain your professional registration with ECSA. We have a number of ex ECSA assessors in various disciplines of engineering to help us assist you in providing expert services with your application process for professional engineering registration.
Professor Trevor Haas
PhD (Eng.), Pr Eng, Pr Tech Eng
- N. Dip. (Civil Eng.) – Peninsula Technikon
- N. H. Dip. (Civil Eng.) – Peninsula Technikon
- M.S. (Civil Eng.) – Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, USA
- PhD (Civil Eng.) – Stellenbosch University
- Registered as Pr Eng and Pr Tech Eng
- Served on various ECSA committees
- Served on ECSA’s Pr Tech Eng and Pr Techni Eng registration committees
- Associate Professor in Structural Engineering
- Specialist consultant in structural engineering, dynamics and earthquake engineering
B. Com (Human Resources)
- B. Com (HR) – UNISA
- Several years’ experience working in corporate environment
- Linguistic skills to assist candidates who are not fluent in English
- Able to assist organisations in claiming back consulting fees from the Skills Development Levy
- Familiar with the Protection of Personal Information Act
To provide a superior service by explaining fundamental concepts ECSA assessors use during the evaluation process using face-to-face interaction with candidates to streamline the process to attain professional engineering status.
We will provide our clients with honest reviews in terms of their work experience and readiness for professional registration.
Our aim is to be the leading engineering consultancy that provides an unparalleled service to engineering graduates who require registration with ECSA. This is achieved through impeccable service and a commitment to provide our clients with the fastest possible way to obtain their professional registration.
To assist engineering graduates with expert advice from an assessor’s perspective to produce an outstanding application form and to conduct mock interviews to prepare for the professional review interview in a safe, friendly environment.
Send us your enquiry and we will respond as soon as possible.
For more information, please contact
For more information, please contact
+ 27 61 512 8112